Licensing Examiners and Inspectors
Examine, evaluate, and investigate eligibility for, conformity with, or liability under licenses or permits.
- Determines eligibility or liability and approves or disallows application or license.
- Scores tests and rates ability of applicant through observation of equipment operation and control.
- Visits establishments to determine that valid licenses and permits are displayed and that licensing standards are being upheld.
- Issues licenses to individuals meeting standards.
- Administers oral, written, road, or flight test to determine applicant's eligibility for licensing.
- Evaluates applications, records, and documents to determine relevant eligibility information or liability incurred.
- Prepares reports of activities, evaluations, recommendations, and decisions.
- Provides information, and answers questions of individuals or groups concerning licensing, permit, or passport regulations.
- Warns violators of infractions or penalties.
- Prepares correspondence to inform concerned parties of decisions made and appeal rights.
- Confers with officials, technical, or professional specialists and interviews individuals to obtain information or clarify facts.